Last Monday and Tuesday we held an online adoption auction with the hopes of raising at least $1,000 to add to our adoption fund. If you have read any of the previous posts, you will know that our lives have been a whirlwind of beauty and excitement, mixed with anxiety and wondering if we could come up with a large sum of funds to pay for this stork drop adoption. One way we pulled some quick funds together was by holding this online adoption auction; one of Instagram and one on Facebook. We first started pulling together vendors and baskets the first week of January, planning to do the auction early to mid February. WELL! Am I glad we started getting to work on the auction early, because our son was born January 6th and we needed funds fast!
Our vendors were so completely generous and did everything they could to help this auction be successful. They each were more than generous and we would not have raised any dime of this money without them. Be sure to check out each and every shop/vendor and make them a new favorite. Not only are their items adorable, creative, beautiful, and straight up awesome, but the people behind the shops and businesses are some of the most generous and well-meaning people. Friends. True friendships have been birthed, dear ones.
Here were our outstanding Facebook auction items & vendors:
2. $100 off your next stay at Columbia Cliff Villas. Good for any Sunday-Thursday stay. We stayed here about a year ago. Such an amazing place. Absolutely fantastic. Great place for a getaway in Hood Riverhttp://www.columbiacliffvillas.com/
3. Spa Day in Lebanon, Oregon: Deluxe Manicure; Brow, Lip, and Chin Wax; and 20% off any Facial or Massage Service. Retail Value: $71
4. $100 Gift Certificate to Lighten Up Bleach Art Designs by Benjamin Peterson. One custom piece of bleach art design; can be on hat, sweatshirt, t shirt, etc. See more of his amazing work here: https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.peterson.56/media_set Contact him via his Facebook (Benjamin Peterson)
5. Homemade Jambalaya with rice, salad and bread rolls. Will feed 6-8 easy. Its dairy free, lots of meats and veggies and tomato sauce base. Her bread is a simple white roll recipe. Located: anywhere in Lebanon or Albany. Made by Alexandria Smith
6. Two Private Swim Lessons. Location: Athletic Club of Bend, OR. Description: 30 minutes each lesson for any age/swim level (must be at least 6 months). Retail Value: $60 About the Instructor: Amanda Wolf is a Certified Swim Instructor at the Athletic Club of Bend her email is email@example.com. Whoever needs will schedule the lessons with her in advance, but she is very flexible is she has enough warning. The pool at the athletic club is 92 degrees and perfect for babies/young kids. No one will get cold feet around these parts! Amanda stresses fun while teaching water safety.
8. Used Exercise Bike. Location: Corvallis, OR. Winner Picks up Item; View details here http://www.fitnessblowout.com/equi…/recumbent-bike/SFEX13809
9. Pioneer Woman Basket: 1 signed Pioneer Woman Holiday book; 1 linen serving bowl; 1 12 piece Paige dinnerware set; 4 teal tumblers; 1 slotted turner; 1 10 inch skillet; 1 12 inch skillet; & 1 grill pan; Retail value: $215
10. One 60 Minute Photography Session by: Heartstrings Photography. Located in Corvallis, OR Retail Value: $150; Website: loveheartstringsphotography.com ; www.facebook.com/heartstringspics - Families, Seniors, Engagements, Kids/Babies -
11. Newborn Bonnet. This bonnet is perfect for going home, newborn photography pictures or everyday wear. This newborn bonnet is especially made to fit newborns 0-1 month. Made to fit true newborn size. This bonnet will be gray. This bonnet is made when ordered. It will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. Retail Value: $19. Will be shipped by Rebekah Soriano, Shop Owner. Photo By: Dulce Baby Studio Contact info: www.facebook.com/bekscreations IG handle is Bek_Soriano Shop is www.beksoriano.etsy.com
12. Sweet Mary Kay Basket: Travel Bag- $35, Skinvigorate Brush- $50, Mint Bliss Energizing lotion for feet and legs and plush socks- $11, Makeup Remover- $15; Microdermabrasion Set- $50, Satin Hand Set- $35, Satin Lip Set- $18 TOTAL Retail Value: $229 Shipping $9. "Everything is 100% satisfaction guarantee so if they don't love something then they can switch it out for something they do love for completely free!" - Hannah Mathers. Hannah Mathers, Mary Kay Independent Sales Director in Qualification; marykay.com/hmathers5; 541-844-9377; Located in Monmouth, OR available to travel
13. Stella & Dot Aurora Necklace. Retails value: $29 http://stelladot.com/allisonramsing
1. One pair of moccasins from @wildblackberrymoccs. Winner chooses size and color. Shipping included. Retail: $39.
2. One caramel brown snap closure leather bracelet - customized up to 10 letters. Retail: $12. Free shipping . IG handle is @tatefamilyadoption
3. Six months of Be Spoken Coffee Roasters! A pound/bag of coffee will be sent to winner the first Thursday of every month. Retail Value: $140; IG Handle: @bespokencoffeeroasters Website: www.bespokencoffeeroasters.com/shop
4. Psalm 25 Printed size: 5 x 5” Paper type: Mohawk Superfine Eggshell, 120lb; Retail: $20 IG Handle is @mrslaurabeth
8. As For Me And My House - 10 x 8 Premium Giclee Paper Print - Retail: $20 Shipping included IG handle is @mrslauarabeth
Holly from HazelandHolly donated 50% of her entire profit to our adoption fund on Thursday! She also has been the dearest friend; she has a little one from AZ they are in the process of adopting. Her shop was created to help fund their Ethiopian adoption as well. Holly sent Loren and I a Starbucks gift card Friday because she knows that adoption, though beautiful and lovely, is also very messy and hard.
Be sure to check out each of these vendors/shops/businesses. Show them some love after all the unbelievable generosity they have shown us! We would not have made a dime with out them.
Sooo...the total for this online Adoption Auction #BringHomeBabyBrenner was... dun dun dun: $1,905!!!
Thank you vendors! We could not have done this without you and we are forever grateful. You have seriously helped us more than we would have dreamed.